Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wedding Gown Bought, First Vendors Booked

Wedding plans are progressing nicely! Tomorrow will be the 1.5 year-till-our-wedding mark (wow, it's really setting in how long our engagement will be before the big day) and we have a couple things booked! We have so long to pay things off that I am able to book everything that I want and I am getting more and more excited!

Before I get into our booked vendors, I have to let everyone know:
MY WEDDING DRESS HAS BEEN PICKED OUT AND BOUGHT!!

My amazing mom bought my wedding gown for me and it is everything I dreamed it would be. My mom, Matt's mom, Nina and I went to Alessandra Bridal in Warren where I found a dress by Private Label that had the BEST qualities of all of the dresses I had previously tried on, all in one gown. It had the neckline I loved, the beading I loved, the bodice and skirt style and fabrics I loved. When I walked out of the fitting room my mom and Nina cried, so I knew that had to be it!

A few weeks before the dress, we decided on a photographer. We are going with Robin who Nina use to work with and did Chris and Nina's wedding. Once Upon A Memory Photography. She does beautiful work and her prices are very competitive. We got her biggest package, so we are lucky enough to have her and another photographer for 10 hours of wedding day fun!

Then, I am super excited that we have booked our linens as well! We are going with Modern Art and they got us an excellent deal. We got a package that includes chiavari chairs, table linens, and napkins. Then we got the plate chargers as well. They upgraded our linens to pretty ones with flowers on them (not tacky flowers, understated embroidered ones). I can't see us changing our minds on the colors because it looked soo pretty when they did a table up, so we are doing coral and gold.

We met with Vivianos about flowers, but want to look around on that since prices may vary with what we want. I hear that Viviano does an incredible job though and their prices were still under our top budget for everything that we want, so we may end up there.

I should know in the next couple days if my vacation request at work is approved for Germany and Austria in May, so fingers crossed on that!

That is all for now!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to capturing your big day! Can't wait to see the dress!

    ReplyDelete