Friday, November 26, 2010

Fun Planning!

Nothing too much is new, but I did go on my first outing browsing for wedding gowns! We went to Roma Sposa in Birmingham and a little place that had Maggie Sottero gowns. Roma Sposa was incredible, of course. I set a budget (that was higher than most, but there are no $500 gowns at Roma Sposa) and they stuck to it well. I found one gown that I loved, but it wasn't the style I had always wanted. If I could have multiple wedding gowns, that one would definitely be one of them. But it wasn't "the one". It made me appreciate different styles of wedding gowns and realize what I really wanted. The boutique was so beautiful and trendy. We then went to lunch in downtown Birmingham and perused a few shops. The little place with Maggie Sottero gowns was much less than what I had hoped for. It was a really dumpy place and they only had one gown that I wanted to try on. It was a fun day, but unsuccessful. Tomorrow we will be going to Dior in Dearborn, which looks to be a nicer place that has more Maggie Sottero gowns. I feel a little more confident that I may find the dress of my dreams and I am SO excited!

I had been tossing around color ideas and want something that fits well with an August wedding, yet is elegant. I came up with coral. An orange/pink. I thought that I may have some trouble finding bridesmaid gowns in coral, but a couple of my girls have been very helpful and e-mailing me coral gowns they like! Something else that made me solidify this color choice... Upon checking the Neiman Marcus selection of Manolo Blahnik's, I discovered that they now make the shoes that I wanted for the wedding in CORAL! They only make them in like gold, silver and white... and now coral (and pink now too, I think)! It's meant to be!

I have been looking up flowers and linen places and look forward to booking some consultations with them after I find my dress. I'm sure Matt will be eager to help me pick these things out too... Haha! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment